Tonight’s dinner: coconut milk mushroom chicken on brown rice with a side of 5 super food salad. Amazing. Delicious. Absolutely scrumptious.
Cooking chicken on the ever-so-handy counter-top George Foreman grill with some veggies and brown rice is a staple in our house. But tonight, we switched it up a little. I had a bag of precut mushrooms and left over coconut milk from the “Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Soup” I posted about the other day. So, why not put them together? Good idea…
- Bake 2 large chicken breasts.
- In a pot, heat coconut oil and add: 1 lb of chopped mushrooms, 1 medium yellow onion (chopped), pepper and garlic. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Add 1/2 can of coconut milk. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until it looks thick.
- Heat up 1 package of brown rice (90 seconds in the microwave…Costco!).
- In a separate bowl, mix up the 5 food super salad (Costco)
- Serve in a bowl: rice, then chicken, then mushroom mixture on top. Salad served on the side.